EF&H - New Beginnings c. Richard Ross 2001
Basic Directions: Mentally set the intention of letting go of the past and moving now into a new, much more powerful you. As you lightly rub or tap each point using two or three fingers, think about your intention and read aloud what is in quotation marks. Wait a few seconds and go on to the next point.
1) Find tender or sore spot above left breast area & below collarbone, and gently rub in a small circle. Then while rubbing, state out loud:
"Even though I've had some challenges this past year, haven't accomplished everything I've wanted, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, and I forgive myself".
"I know I HAVE had SOME wonderful experiences this past year, and I acknowledge all the gifts I have received from the Universe."
"I choose now to let go of the past and be in the present moment".
Stop rubbing, hold the spot and take one full breath in and out.
2) Tap on inside end of either eyebrow (end nearer bridge of nose):
"I acknowledge that I've felt some sadness." pause "I choose to allow healing in my life now."
3) Tapping the side of the eye (on bone):
"I acknowledge that I've felt some anger." pause "I choose to allow peace in my life now."
4) Tap under either eye (on bone):
"I acknowledge that I've felt some fear in the past." pause "I choose to create safety in my life now.... & courage."
5) Tapping under the nose:
"I acknowledge that I've felt limitations in the past." pause "I choose be expanded and unlimited now."
6) Tapping under the lower lip (Crease of chin):
"I acknowledge that I've felt some holding back." pause "I choose to play much bigger now, in every area."
7) Return to tender or sore spot above left breast, below collarbone, and gently rub in a circle. State out loud:
"It is safe for me to let go of old patterns which no longer serve me" pause
"I choose to make this coming year, my best year yet." pause
"It is safe for me to show up fully in the world now." pause
Stop rubbing, leave your fingers at the spot and take a full breath, in and out.
Gently, as you are ready, come fully back into your body.
Please let me know your experience of doing this exercise: